Stop Debt Collection Harassment
My office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 I have expanded my options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact the office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation.
Are you being harassed by a debt collector? The Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA, was enacted to stop abusive, deceptive and unfair debt collection practices by debt collectors.
- If you are a victim of unfair practices by debt collectors, you may be entitled to money damages and payment of your attorneys’ fees if a creditor has violated the law.
- A successful lawsuit against a debt collector can allow you to recover up to $1,000 in damages and, in many cases, result in the debt being forgiven.
Dedicated To Protecting You
I am attorney Matthew Prengaman, and I protect and promote the rights of individuals who find themselves being harassed or abused through unfair and coercive debt collection methods.
I will represent you against these debt collectors without any fees or payment from you. If you are being harassed by a debt collector, call me at my law firm, the Law Office of Matthew Prengaman, at 773-598-4696. Let’s talk about how I can help.
Examples Of Unfair And Illegal Debt Collection
The following acts are examples of unfair and illegal debt collection activities:
- Repeated calls
- Abusive language and threats of legal action
- Contacting your neighbors, relatives, friends, co-workers and employers
- Deceptive and illegal methods of debt collection
- Misrepresentation of the amount or status of a debt
- Disclosure of your default debts to third parties
Speak With An Experienced Attorney
If any of these acts have happened or are happening to you, please call today for a free consultation and stop the harassment now. Call me, attorney Matthew Prengaman, at 773-598-4696, or you can contact the law firm online. Located in Chicago, I will protect your rights and represents debt collection harassment clients throughout the state of Illinois, regardless of your location.