Law Office of Matthew Prengaman
Cook County, Illinois, criminal defense and general civil litigation attorney
Call Today
  Office Location

Proven Success In Landlord Tenant Disputes

My office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 I have expanded my options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact the office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation.

When you are involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, it is vital to your well-being that you resolve the dispute in as timely a manner as possible. Your home should be a safe haven — not a place that causes you stress. An eviction notice or other landlord problem can be resolved with help from an experienced attorney.

When To Call An Attorney

There are three instances when an attorney can help immediately. These are:

  1. When you receive notice of eviction
  2. If your landlord failed to provide you with a habitable home
  3. If your landlord failed to return all or a portion of your security deposit

I am Cook County landlord-tenant dispute lawyer Matthew Prengaman, and I am here to help. With offices in Chicago, Illinois, I serve tenants all over the metro area and offer a free consultation to renters. Call 773-598-4696 to arrange a meeting and see how I can help.

The Chicago Residential Landlord And Tenant Ordinance (RLTO)

Most rental units in Chicago are covered by the Chicago Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance (RLTO). As an attorney who has done this kind of work since 2009, I am able to readily address any and all violations of the RLTO along with any other landlord-tenant dispute, including but not limited to:

  • Rent disputes
  • Ordinance violations
  • Warranty of habitability
  • Warranty of quiet enjoyment
  • Eviction proceedings, including retaliatory evictions
  • Injuries or property damage suffered as a result of structural defects

A successful lawsuit can result in attorneys’ fees being paid by the defendant, recovery of damages by you the plaintiff, and reimbursement of rent and security deposit payments.

Get Renter Help Today

Contact me, attorney Matthew Prengaman, now regarding your landlord-tenant dispute. I will work to make sure you are safe in your home and you get the compensation due you and your family. Call me directly at 773-598-4696 or contact me at my Chicago law firm online.